Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Just-For-Fun New Year's Wishes

I'll get to my serious wishes and resolutions eventually, but here are my only-in-my-dreams requests:

I'd like to win millions in the Illinois lottery. I've had a yearly computerized ticket for years, and my occasional winnings have usually been in the $9 range. Isn't it time for something bigger? Just asking.

I'd like my three books to become best sellers. If most of the senior citizens in the country would buy Reinventing Myself: Memoirs of a Retired Professor, Seniorwriting, and Elder Expectations, my financial difficulties would end. Of course the chances of such a thing happening are slim and none. Actually, I wrote those books for fun, not profit, but some profits would be nice. Oh, well.

I'd like to take up long-distance walking again. My knee replacements are supposed to get me walking again, but it's taking a long time. Perhaps with patience, this wish will come true. Hope springs eternal!

How about sharing your new year's wishes, serious or fantastic?

3 comments:

Barb Davis said...

1. Keep clutter out of my life forever.
2. Yes, yes, win a BIG LOTTERY.
3. Become a famous writer.
4. Own a million dollar apartment in the city where I can attend the opera and big productions.
5. Own a second home on an exotic island and third in the Smokey Mountains.
6. Build a new library for our little city.

There's more, but I think it's time to stop and daydream about those I've mentioned.

Wishing you a prosperous and healthy New Year and may you win that Lottery!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm with you on several of your "wishes" for 2009, Marlys! I'd like to add this wish - nearly perfect health! Without that, we don't have a lot. I made it through 63 years of my life without breaking a bone, but alas, I had a "freak" accident and broke my foot, of all things. It goes without saying that this was a major turning point in my life - I have a great appreciation now, for two healthy feet that can walk, run or skip! It's been 18 months now, and I'm still trying to get back to my former self! So, Happy, Healthy New Year to you (and a properous one, as well)! Carole

seniorwriter said...

Yes, Carole, I agree that good health is a necessity. I've learned that it takes a long time to recover from double knee replacement surgery. I really needed it, too.