Thursday, August 9, 2007

A New Feeling of Accomplishment

Today, my new little book, Seniorwriting: A Brief Guide for Seniors Who Want to Write (to Discover, to Heal, to Reinvent, to Share) is heading off to Infinity Publishing as a PDF file, accompanied by the required blurb, bio, synopsis, etc., as well as a check. I have feelings of accomplishment and elation. In two months or less, I'll receive a proof copy, and then I'm finished. This book will join my other book on BuyBooksontheWeb and Amazon.

Is this a big deal? Not to the world at large, but it is to me. Do I expect to make money? No. Do I expect to become famous? No. It's impossible to describe the feeling of seeing a book with my name on it, but I urge others who have something to say to try it. I do have the advantages of computer skills and sufficient income to do what I want to do, but as this book mentions, there are easier and cheaper ways to share ideas, especially your life stories.

This book will cost only $9.95, so I hope a few of you will buy it. But whether you do or not, I'm here on line to help you. Just keep writing; share those valuable thoughts and experiences!

Copyright 2007 by Marlys Marshall Styne

No comments: